Disable Touch Screen on HP Envy notebook
Hp Envy’s responsive touch screen is what’s new along with the Windows 8. The touch feature could be useful some times and often isn’t depending on your usage. In the later case, an accidental touch could be an issue to annoyance to head ache. It’s when disabling the touch screen altogether is the only solution.
Disabling touch screen on your Hp Envy notebook say Hp envy touchsmart ultrabook4 is as simple as disabling your touch screen driver. With that said, locating and disabling the right touch screen driver is not often a piece of cake. With that in mind, I am writing how to disable the driver,
To do that,
- Press the windows button and x to bring a control panel menu or go to control panel directly.
- Click on the Device Manager from the list.
- Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
- Right-Click the touch screen driver (in this case Touch Panel Driver or sometimes yours might be HID-compliant device, you might want to try disabling one by one to find which is the right driver and enable back the other ones which aren’t) and select Disable from the list.
- Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.
To enable it, follow the steps above and enable it.