Moto G Update With Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Offers
Moto G owners will finally get their devices updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The Android update to 4.4.4 KitKat has been made available in Google Play Store for the Moto G. The update is focused on fixing bugs like the OpenSSL problems. This OTA update is going to begin seeding to Verizon users.
The KitKat 4.4.2 version of Android is available for the moment only to owners of Moto G that are Verzion subscribers. People that are not Verizon subscribers will get the firmware update too, but a little later. Motorola has previously said that their Moto X and Moto G line of devices will get updated to Android L. It looks like this update is just a preparation for the next one.
Some reports are speculating that Motorola might make the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update available for LTE users also. The reason why the update has not been made available for LTE is because Verizon do not have the LTE version. Many blogs specialized in tech products are saying that the Moto G is one of Motorola’s most successful product. Actually, Rick Osterloh the senior VP of Motorola for product management is saying that the Moto G is actually the best selling device owned by Motorola, but he did not said any exact figures regarding sales.
The update to KitKat 4.4.2 for Moto G will bring the following features to the Moto G owners :
- The profile accuracy is getting improved
- Security for files (for Open SSL)
- The stability and framework have got improved
- Viewfinder has received more functions, for example pause the video recording and the pause/resume feature
- The dialer of the phone will be enhanced
- A new Alert application from Motorola
- Users are now allowed to download from the Google Play Store. The update process is simple, all that Verizon users have to do is wait for the notification t pop-up, tap on it to begin the installation and after this there are going to be screen instruction. For those that have not received the notification they can check for the update themselves. They can do that by accessing Settings>About Phone> System updates and then just tap the download button.